Pranab Mukherjee – A Political Tribute
If you are wondering who is Pranab Mukherjee? Then you came to the right place. I am here to share some information about them.
Today we are going to talk about the youngest finance minister of India ever, Bharat Ratna award receiver and the former Prime Minister Shri Pranab Mukherjee Ji or as short Pranab-da.
This Post is actually a tribute post to the former minister of India Shri Pranav Mukherjee for their passing on the date of 31 August 2020. I wish to them that may their soul get sadgati.
Pranab Mukherjee was an Indian politician who served as the 13th President for India from the year 2012 to the year 2017. His political career spanning was total of five decades where Pranab Mukherjee was a senior leader in the Indian National Congress Party.
As the senior post, they successfully occupied several ministerial portfolios in the Government of India. Before his election for a post of President, Pranab Mukherjee was “Union Finance Minister” for the year of 2009 to the year 2012.
He was also awarded by India’s highest civilian honour, the “Bharat Ratna” in the year 2019 by the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind.
His story is so inspiring that he started from being a Congress party worker to the President of the country India.
Pranab Mukherjee was also famous for “The youngest finance minister” ever done in India at the age of 42 years old.
Mukherjee started his parliamentary and political journey through the “Rajya Sabha” in the year 1969. They successfully won “The President” post in the first election of their life in the year 2004 from “Jangipur” state in West Bengal of India.
So let’s get into the personal life and early life of Shri Pranab Mukherjee.
Pranab Mukherjee was born on 11 December in 1935
Mukherjee got his break in politics in the year 1969 when the then Prime Minister Shrimati Indira Gandhi helped him get elected to the Rajya Sabha election, the upper house of Parliament of India, on a ticket of Congress Party. Following a meteoric rise, he became one of Gandhi’s most trusted lieutenants and a minister in her cabinet in the year 1973. Pranab Mukherjee’s service in a number of ministerial capacities culminated in his first stint as Finance Minister of India in the year 1982 to year 84. He was also the Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha from the year 1980 to the year 1985.
Pranab Mukherjee worked sidelined from the Congress party during the premiership with party leader Shri Rajiv Gandhi. Pranab Mukherjee uses to view himself experienced and not the inexperienced Rajiv Gandhi, as the rightful successor to Shrimati Indira Gandhi following her assassination in the year 1984.
Pranab Mukherjee lost out in the ensuing power struggle. He formed his own party i.e., “The Rashtriya Samajwadi Congress”, which after they merged with the National Congress Party in the year 1989 after reaching a consensus with party leader Rajiv Gandhi. After Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination in the year 1991, Pranab Mukherjee’s political career revived when Prime Minister Shri P. V. Narasimha Rao appointed him for the post of “Planning Commission head” in the year 1991 and “Foreign minister” in the year 1995.
By following the above high-level Government posts, he became an elder statesman for the Congress Party, Pranab Mukherjee also became the principal and architect for Sonia Gandhi’s ascension to the party’s presidency post in the year 1998.
In 2017, Mukherjee decided not to participate or run an election and to retire from politics. After leaving the presidency post due to “health complications relating to old age” they take retirement. His term expired on 25 July 2017. And as after retirement in June 2018, Pranab Mukherjee became first former President of India to address the event of the “Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh” (RSS) for 1st time. As on serving for the nation they made us proud and died on 31 August 2020 at the age of 84.
Unknown Facts of Pranab Mukherjee
1) Pranab Mukherjee rose in the ranks of the Congress party when Indira Gandhi spotted him during a by-election in Midnapore state of West Bengal where he was use to work as election agent of Shri VK Krishna Menon’s
2) Pranab Mukherjee started his parliamentary journey through the Rajya Sabha election in the year 1969. As on the year 2004 they successfully won “Former President” post for the 1st time of his life from Jangipur state of West Bengal.
3) From the year 2004, he managed and went on to head three crucial ministries posts i.e., external affairs Minister, Defense Minister and Finance Minister and became the first occupant of the Rashtrapati Bhavan to have this distinction in post.
3) He will also go down in history as the only non-prime minister who was the leader of the Lok Sabha for a long period of eight years.
4) Known for his political acumen and ability to form consensus across party lines, Pranab Mukherjee was heading a total of 24 out of 39 GOMs (groups of ministers) when he became President in the year 2012. Between the year 2004 to the year 2012, he also chaired the total 95 GOMs.
5) You can’t believe that when his 58 years wife Suvra Mukherjee passed away in the year 2015, Pranab Mukherjee took refuge in his work and was back in office within a short four hours of attending her last rites.
6) The former President Pranab Mukherjee had written total eight books during his whole lifetime.
7) Pranab Mukherjee was awarded India’s highest civilian award which is the Bharat Ratna award in the year 2019 by incumbent President Shri Ram Nath Kovind. He was also conferred the Padma Vibhushan Award which is also India’s second-highest civilian award, in the year 2008.
8) In a political career spanning a total of five-decades, Mukherjee served as many posts like Union finance minister, defence minister, minister for external affairs, Leader of House of Lok Sabha, among other ministerial portfolios.
9) His stint as Union finance minister earned him international fame. Pranab Mukherjee was recognised as the best finance minister in the World (in the year 1984), according to a Euromoney magazine survey.
10) Best Finance Minister of Year for Asia (in the year 2010), by Emerging Markets, the daily newspaper of record for World Bank and IMF and Finance Minister of Year (in the year 2010), by the British magazine “The Banker”.
If you Like my content you can also check my feed more or